We have this amazing cheese from Sweden just like Brie cheese but surrounded by tree bark and meant for baking. Should I remove the little bits of green mould from the outside of the cheese before baking for 10 mins - or will the heat kill any nasties in the mold? Temperature recommended is 150 degrees C for 10 mins.
Some mold spores can withstand high temps and the toxins produced by "bad" mold don't break down into something safe because they are heated. Brie and brie-like cheeses are supposed to have white mold, but green is a different mold, and unless you know that particular green mold is safe to eat, I'd cut it off.
Apparently the mould is fine (ie. relatively normal) for (unpasteurized) Brie cheeses of that nature. However, should the mould develop fur (white hairs) then discard the cheese. Or at least chop away the mouldy parts and a generous excess bordering the mould also.