I used to have a very simple egg scrambler, metal, a kind of flexible wire spiral with a handle. As you beat with it, the flexible spiral would somewhat amplify your hand motion. Cannot find another one anywhere.

  • 3
    Are you asking for alternatives? Sources? Brand names? Frankly, I'd recommend a fork: it's the most ubiquitous egg-scrambler I know. – logophobe Jan 28 '15 at 22:26
  • I second the use of forks. Are you talking about a spiral whisk, though? Over-mixing eggs to scramble is actually detrimental to the eggs, I've found. It's best to just mix until it's a even color and not to introduce a lot of air. But I think it's a personal preference thing. – Catija Jan 28 '15 at 22:27
  • Does it look like one of these: craftsy.com/blog/2013/10/different-types-of-whisks – talon8 Jan 28 '15 at 22:33
  • @Catija the amount of air that should be beaten into eggs depends on the recipe you are using them for. Some recipes benefit of getting them foamy, in other they should be just liquefied with no air inside. – rumtscho Jan 29 '15 at 9:18
  • Fork for the win, you don't need fancy tools to scramble eggs – Huangism Jan 29 '15 at 14:40

I think you probably mean a Spring Whisk The ones with a flat spiral bottom can be had at Amazon. I'm not seeing any of the old style, with an open bottom. That shouldn't make much difference to an egg.


I think this is what you're trying to find. If it is, there's one on ebay for $24.00 (link follows picture below)

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.