In India, there are typical traditional ways of Candying the Fruits like Pickling, Drying, etc. In your case with Pomegranate, you can always try Combination of Pickling & Drying.
Try the following method,
- Step 1: Make a 1/4 Inch Layer of Powdered Sugar in a Transparent Glass Jar
- Step 2: Follow it with a Layer of Pomegranate (Note: Pomegranate must be spread horizontally & not Stacked Vertically)
- Step 3: Repeat Steps 1 & 2 (Last Layer should always be of Sugar)
- Step 4: Take a Cotton Cloth & tie it on Mouth of Jar, covering Until Neck.
- Step 5: Expose the Jar in Sun for Few Days.
- Step 6: Empty & Spread the Contents of Jar on a Baking Tray & allow it to Dry in Sun for a Day.
Though, the process is not Instant & very Tedious. But this slow cooking process will help to Lock the Freshness, Taste & Essentials in any Fruit in best Man-Made Way.
I Usually do this with Seasonal Fruits.