I have a Kenmore stove, model number 911-735-9180. My burners are working fine (they click to turn on) but my oven does not work. I push the bake setting and it does not heat up although my broiler works fine.
- In the world of home appliances, a cooktop with an oven in a common cabinet is called a "Range".
- This is a Kenmore Gas Range model # 911.7359180
- Sears model #'s usually don't have - dashes/hyphens in them.
- There are only 3 or 4 parts that can fail.
Basic Gas Oven Troubleshooting:
- Check the power, needs to be plugged in, standard 110vac outlet.
- Check the Igniter, it's the most common oven part that fails. Does it glow?
- NO = replace igniter $25
- YES = can you smell/detect gas from oven pilot or burner? = replace igniter.
- YES = but no gas smelled/detected. = bad gas valve.
May have 1 valve, combination safety & control OR
2 valves, separate safety & control.
Gas Valves start around $100.
CAUTION! If you are unsure of what you are doing, Hire a Professional! You and yours could die if repaired improperly. www.appliancerepair.net has a good general online guide covering all types of appliances. Ovens are at: http://www.appliancerepair.net/oven-repair-6.html