After boiling 8 batches of eggs, how can I clean the build up of calcium off the bottom of the pot?
- Put some water in the pot
- Add vinegar or citric acid (whatever you can get your hands on more easily). (Sorry, I have no measurements, I always eyeball it. I guess up to 5% for vinegar is fine, or one or two teaspoons of citric acid depending on the pot-size...)
- Heat to a rolling boil... (do NOT put your head over the pot to see it it works, especially when using vinegar)
- After it has boiled for a minute, turn off the heat and let things cool down.
- Rinse the pot
- Enjoy the (hopefully) shiny pot :)