I want to make ice cream, put them into pint containers (or, hopefully of any custom size in the future) and have the containers be sealed with a film like Häagen-Dazs does.

A machine would be ok. Manual would be fine too. I just want to know where to get the equipment and/or some instructions. Thank you.

  • 4
    There probably are machines for this, and I hope that somebody will answer about them. But why do you want it in the first place? If you simply want an airtight seal to prevent freezer burn, plastic containers with a "no leak" gasket are the most convenient option. A "no tamper" seal is rarely needed at home.
    – rumtscho
    May 18, 2015 at 11:49
  • 1
    I usually just use plastic wrap pressed right on the surface of the ice cream to prevent freezer burn, but I'm unsure if you want / need more than that. May 18, 2015 at 16:14
  • Consider just a regular vacuum sealer if "tamper evident" is important. If the ice cream is already frozen, you don't need a chamber sealer which can get extremely expensive.
    – Jolenealaska
    May 31, 2015 at 12:42
  • Are you talking about the rings around the outside of the carton or film that seals between the top of the carton and the product?
    – Preston
    Oct 29, 2015 at 9:02
  • I was referring to the latter. Oct 29, 2015 at 9:19

1 Answer 1


Go to sunbeltpackaging.com and look under "options for lids". It's a company I found on the internet while looking for "how do I seal ice cream containers with plastic film". There are many choices there.

  • Thank you. I looked through some of their products, but couldn't find anything specifically for lid sealing. Jun 1, 2015 at 4:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.