- 75g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 80g sugar + 15g sugar (for the meringue)
- 2 eggs (60g each)
- 35g oil
- 60g water
- Place all ingredients except egg whites and 15g sugar in a bowl.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks. Slowly add the sugar while continuing beating to firm peaks.
- Using the same beaters, mix the egg yolk mixture until just combined.
- Fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour into the prepared cake pans then bake in a preheated 160°C oven for 55-60 minutes.
- I've noticed that the cake sets up on the sides very early into the bake. It then continues to rise in the middle to create a dome.
- Around the 40 minute mark the dome flattens.
- It further flattens once cooled and un-molded. When I flip the deflated cake upside down it looks like the cake sunk in the middle.
Does anyone know what I did wrong? Could it possibly the recipe that is failing me?