This week I was introduced to "susceptor film" by some folks from Japan. It's used for cooking things such as fish at high temperature in a microwave, by absorbing some of the microwave energy and re-emitting it as infrared (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susceptor). The result is that microwaved food comes out crispy rather than soggy.

I was told that it's commonly available in Japanese supermarkets, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online, or in my local supermarket in the western USA.

The closest I've come is finding a manufacturer and some cooking bags on Amazon. Any clues?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.