This week I was introduced to "susceptor film" by some folks from Japan. It's used for cooking things such as fish at high temperature in a microwave, by absorbing some of the microwave energy and re-emitting it as infrared (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susceptor). The result is that microwaved food comes out crispy rather than soggy.

I was told that it's commonly available in Japanese supermarkets, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online, or in my local supermarket in the western USA.

The closest I've come is finding a manufacturer and some cooking bags on Amazon. Any clues?

  • I know this post is ancient, but I decided to do some googling. googling "susceptor film" got me a second manufacturer, sirane.com/en/product/sira-crisp-susceptor-films , with a proprietary name "sira-crisp" (seems to be wholesale-only, sold to packaging manufacturers or something). googling "sira-crisp" and going to the "shopping" tab got me the brand name "MicroCrisp," which apparently is a brand of susceptor products from the 90's. You can find old (sometimes used) products under that brand name on Amazon and Ebay.
    – Esther
    Commented Aug 23, 2022 at 18:42
  • Also this product, which doesn't seem old/used
    – Esther
    Commented Aug 23, 2022 at 18:43
  • 1
    Thanks for the hints! It's funny how life goes... I actually ended up spending three months in Japan a year after I posted this. I searched all the supermarkets and came up with nothing. :-) Commented Aug 25, 2022 at 2:19

1 Answer 1


The magic words appear to be "crisping" or "crisper". Searches for "microwave crisping sheet" or "microwave crisper sleeve" turn up a number of products that can be purchased.

Or you can always buy some Hot Pockets and keep the sleeves after you eat the food. :-)

  • But then I might have to eat those Hot Pockets! :P Commented Aug 25, 2022 at 14:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.