I made chocolates in a mold but when I take it out of the refrigerator it starts melting and water accumulates on surface.

My process:
I melted the chocolate and poured it into the mold and then kept it in the refrigerator. But when taken out afterwards it melts at 25°C also and condensation forms on the surface.

Is there a way to keep the surface dry at 25°C?

  • Welcome to the site! Could you explain a bit more what you did exactly? The more details, the better the answers... Again, welcome!
    – Stephie
    Commented Aug 23, 2015 at 6:49
  • I melted the chocolate and poured in to the mold and then kept in the refrigerator when tken back after it gets melted at 25 deg also and moisture accumulates on surfaces is ther a way to maintain the surface dry up to a temp 25 Deg Commented Aug 23, 2015 at 7:59
  • ah nice, that's what I assumed. I was typing an answer while you added that.
    – rumtscho
    Commented Aug 23, 2015 at 8:01
  • Related: cooking.stackexchange.com/q/21137/8305
    – Jay
    Commented Aug 28, 2015 at 17:50

1 Answer 1


There is very little information to go on, but the most likely answer from your description is condensation. Assuming that you kept it in the fridge overnight, then took it out and removed it from the mold, the chocolate will start "sweating" immediately.

If that's your problem: don't keep chocolate in the fridge. The proper temperature for chocolate hardening is 20 Celsius, try to keep at it as much as possible. If you are too much above, the chocolate can bloom, if you are below, it can condense. If you are not a perfectionist chocolatier, several degrees celsius difference in either direction will still produce a good enough result, but a fridge is always bad.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.