I wanted to make a heavy cream substitute.
Here's what I tried:
- Melted butter and stored it in a cup.
- The pot I melted it in was not washed.
- Used the same pot to boil milk.
- Afterward, the milk looked yellowish with bubbles on it.
- Strained the milk and put it in the refrigerator until it's cool.
- Added the melted butter to the milk.
- They wouldn't mix. They stayed separate like oil and water.
- Why wouldn't they mix? And how do I get them to mix?
- Why did the milk look that way? Was it because of the remaining butter in the pot?
- How can I make use out of this milk and butter?