I often see this utensil used in pictures of honey:

Honey stick

I've never seen this stick-like utensil used in other contexts, just for honey. But what is this "honey stick" called exactly? And is it used only for honey or for other things?

  • 1
    It's also used for stroop ... but that's even harder to find than the sticks in the U.S.
    – Joe
    Commented Feb 2, 2016 at 12:50

1 Answer 1


The most common term is "honey dipper".

It goes by several different names, though... largely because people usually can't remember what it's actually called:

Steven of The Sneeze takes a look at the widespread use of "the honey thing"—also known as a honey dipper, honey wand, or honey drizzler—on cereal boxes despite that few people seem to actually use these honey things

So, "honey stick" would probably get people to think of this tool, too.

For more information see the related question:

  • "Honey drizzler" is what I've always known it as.
    – RonJohn
    Commented Jan 7, 2020 at 22:40
  • "The honey thing, you know like the bee on the cereal box uses" for me.
    – Alex M
    Commented Jan 8, 2020 at 22:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.