I make chocolate sauce for my drinks. My recipe is, in order, 1x unsweetened bakers chocolate (whole bar, chopped), 3x water, heat, 2.5x brown sugar, dash of salt, vanilla, strain. Transfer to mason jar, and allow to heat seal.
I use it on the first day and the freshness is just bursting -- the flavor seems to impart up to the inner nostrils.
My problem is that on the second day, the vibrancy, the inner nostril sensations, seem to fade, though the chocolate flavor is still there of course.
Is chocolate really this delicate and fickle? Is there something wrong with my recipe, solvent used?
A barista in a popular cafe in Manhattan told me that their chocolate sauce is brought daily to the store. Pretty costly operation for chocolate, IMO.