I followed a recipe to the effect of:
- boil Brat sausages in 24 ounces of beer
- remove sausages (do not drain the beer), pan fry or grill them
- add 2 c. sharp cheddar, and 1 package cream cheese to the remaining beer, whisk over heat until you get a nice creamy cheese sauce.**
It was very simple. Very tasty. It was like a good Welsh Rarebit sauce.
Do you think this could be adapted to wine and white cheeses, to the effect of:
- boil sausage or chicken in a dry white wine
- remove meat; grill or pan fry it
- add 2 cups motzarella, 1 cup grated parmesan to the boiled wine--whisk over heat until you have a smooth sauce.
Do you think that would work? I've never cooked in large quantities of wine. I don't recall recipes that have done so. Any recommendations on the cheeses/quantities?
** I used store brand cream cheese. It didn't melt completely. Next time I will use a higher quality cream cheese.