I was watching youtube vids about cooking and I saw this Gordon Ramsay one about broccoli soup. Around the 56 second mark to the right of the broccoli on the table is an elevated piece of metal with holes in it. What is it?

enter image description here

So far I'm thinking some kind of weird large grater or a popcorn sifter. Can anyone help?

  • (plus one for "popcorn sifter")
    – Lorel C.
    Sep 4, 2016 at 17:06

2 Answers 2


It's simply a built-in vent for the built-in appliances integrated within his commercial kitchen table.


I believe that is the ventilation for the range, rather than a kitchen utensil.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.