The other night I made a derived version of pomegranate chicken and came up with a few questions. The recipe I used was:
- 1/2 pomegranate (smashed)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 oz. salted caramel vodka
- 2 orange slices (smashed)
I let the mixture simmer and added it before cooking the chicken. The questions that arose were:
- Besides powdered sugar what other ingredients can be used to thicken a sauce?
- Is there a possible sour contrast that I could add to the mix (besides the pomegranate) to cut the edge of the sweet?