I want to make an infusion in whiskey with these peppers. I can't find which peppers are used. The peppers described are dried, long, and thin.

  • Can you define abbiachiatta sauce? I can find no reference to it on the web.
    – moscafj
    Jan 11 '17 at 18:10
  • Do you mean arrabiata sauce? (Sometimes spelled with 2 t's.)
    – Cindy
    Jan 11 '17 at 18:11
  • Yes, I may have the wrong spelling. It is an Italian chili pepper sauce used mainly on pasta.
    – Brenda
    Jan 11 '17 at 18:14
  • I went ahead and edited for you - arrabbiata is certainly the common spicy tomato sauce in the US, and sounds kind of like what you originally said.
    – Cascabel
    Jan 11 '17 at 18:35

"Arrabiata" is the Italian word for angry...angry sauce,which is the literal translation for sugo all'arrabiata the spicy Italian tomato based sauce to which you refer. The spiciness comes from dried red chili. In Italy these red peppers are often referred to as peperoncini. You would likely get the effect you were looking for by using good quality dried red pepper flakes.

This question and response addresses Italian peppers.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.