Could you tell me what is WINGY baking tray? It is used for baking pastry. The instruction reads: wingy/baton tray: 10/12 pieces.

  • 4
    Welcome to the site @Maja. A baton tray has long, narrow dips in it to hold pasties or rolls in a specific shape, but I've never heard of a wingy baton tray before. What is it you are trying to bake? If you could post a picture of what the end result is supposed to look like maybe we can help.
    – GdD
    Feb 3, 2017 at 13:22
  • As an example, see mackies.com.au/bakery03_roll.htm ... batons are effectively for things shaped like hot dog dolls.
    – Joe
    Feb 3, 2017 at 16:11

1 Answer 1


All I've been able to find is that is a novelty name for a baton tray, this could be wrong but I've found no other tray called a "Wingy".

That or it could have been a typo in the recipe.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.