I realize this is a bit off of a question, and I apologize if it's not all that great. But here goes.
There is a Thai place near where I live that makes this amazing dish entitled "lava chili". It's spicy, filled with garlic, and absolutely delicious. I have absolutely no idea how I would even begin to try to cook something like it. Here are some properties of this dish:
- In some sense of the word, it's like an American chili. It's not runny like a curry, it's more viscous.
- It has a lot of garlic and a bit of ginger, I suspect.
- Definitely some red pepper flakes and a couple other types of spicy, well, spices.
- It has some type of oil in it, I can see it.
- It's a bit tangy, too, and a little sweet.
I'm looking for some help recreating or approximating this dish. I love Thai food and I love Thai cooking, but I only do it for fun and really am not sure where to start on this.
It looks similar to this image.
The website I found that image from describes it as:
This historically highly rustic Thai dish is a very quick stir-fry with Thai chilli jam, normally accompanied with Thai vegetables and rice.
How would I go about trying to recreate that?