What thickener will add least calories to soups and stews, producing effects similar to "regular" thickeners? All the ones I know are either pretty high-calorie, or produce results that are quite off "regular".
- roux - lots of fat and carbs
- flour + sour cream - same.
- potato starch / mashed potatoes / instant potato puree - lots of carbs.
- mashed beans - high protein content
- xanthan gum - weird texture (shear-thinning liquid).
- gelatin - very temperature dependent, almost no thickening effect on hot meals.
What are my other options?