When I make bread pizza or toasted sandwiches in my oven, the outer crust dries out. Which elements should I use for baking to prevent it from drying out? My oven is 35 liters with convection.
For making pizza at home, the best method is to use well-rested dough on a pizza stone at max temperature (probably ~290 C).
Here are the basic steps:
- Allow dough to rest for several hours
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at max temperature for about 1 hour
- Shape dough and cook by itself for about 4 minutes (crust should be somewhat firm on outside, but airy on inside)
- Take out crust and add toppings
- Put back in oven for about 7 minutes more (until cheese starts bubbling)
This is what I do every time I make pizza at home, and the result is very consistent. Just watch the crust the first couple times to get the timing down. You also should be sure that the dough isn't too dry when mixing it.
For sandwiches, just brush some water periodically on the top, this will keep it from browning too quickly.