closed as unclear what you're asking by Stephie, Cindy, dlb, talon8, Catija Sep 25 '17 at 19:49

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    What is your question? – Cindy Sep 25 '17 at 14:27

Usually 1 inch of oil is the depth of oil in the pan.

I don't know how you could measure adding 1 inch of oil lengthwise to a pan.

  • 1
    Apparently you understand the question. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting an answer. – Cindy Sep 25 '17 at 15:26
  • ... lengthwise might be a puddle of an inch in diameter, but that would be difficult to "cover" a pan with, even with thinning caused by heat. – Megha Sep 27 '17 at 2:42

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.