Can anyone tell me the UK equivalent of Australian Thickened Cream. Not sure if it's what we call Single or Double cream. Thank you


1 Answer 1


Thickened cream is cream that has a thickener in it with a minimum fat content of 35% - it whips well. I would look for something like this; I've seen cream called whipping cream which I would assume is the same, with the added thickener. If you can't find that the most similar cream is double cream - it's the most versatile - it's got a higher fat content of about 50%, it doesn't have a thickener, but you can whip it.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .