Can anyone tell me the UK equivalent of Australian Thickened Cream. Not sure if it's what we call Single or Double cream. Thank you


1 Answer 1


Thickened cream is cream that has a thickener in it with a minimum fat content of 35% - it whips well. I would look for something like this; I've seen cream called whipping cream which I would assume is the same, with the added thickener. If you can't find that the most similar cream is double cream - it's the most versatile - it's got a higher fat content of about 50%, it doesn't have a thickener, but you can whip it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.