Just found a vegetable peeler with a very strange bladed attachment on the bottom of the handle.

The blades are all parallel but arranged in a V arrangement. There is an arrow pointing in the direction of the sharp edge of the blades and we can’t work out what it’s for.

Our best guess is a garlic slicer but then you’d end up with really big slices of garlic.

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 4
    A very tiny and limited Veg-O-Matic....
    – Ecnerwal
    Dec 25, 2017 at 18:15

1 Answer 1


Anything you want to make thin strips of. Green beans, carrots, something small enough to fit in there. You drag it through and it is split into thin slices.

enter image description here

This is an "action shot" from a slightly more specialized version available on Amazon.

  • 5
    You can also use it to create a frilly effect for garnishing by pressing the item partway through, pulling it out and pushing it through again rotated 90 degrees. Best with celery, carrots, etc.
    – barbecue
    Dec 25, 2017 at 17:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.