They rise beautifully and they're only half hollow. They're soft on the inside, possibly slightly undercooked. I'm concerned that if I bake them any longer they might burn. Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/mglMU
Which ingredients or steps are responsible for the hollow anatomy of these delicious beauties?
Does anyone have advice for either tweaking the recipe or my cooking time or some other part of my technique to ensure a nice hollow shell?
1/3 cup + 1tbsp gluten free flour
2 Tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
2 xl eggs
50g Earth Balance in place of butter
1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- Place 1/2 cup + 2tbsp water in saucepan with butter and heat to a boil that can’t be stirred down.
- Add flour mixture of all dry ingredients and mix with spatula until smooth
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 mins
- Add 1 egg and mix until incorporated
- Incorporate the second egg
- Pipe and bake in a 425°F preheated oven for 25 mins