I have a 5 burner modern style gas cooktop (KitchenAid), 4 in standard positions, one big double in the center.

4 of the burners are all the standard circular shaped and seems most of their heat just goes to the outside edge of a circular pot/pan. I've lost a few non-metal accessories getting used to it.

Most professional models use multiple circles or cross shapes that put heat in the center as well as out sides.

Is there method or part to use that would get more heat into the pot bottom?

  • Hello, and welcome to Stack Exchange. This would completely depend on the model of the stove, and the parts available for it. (Yes, this is stating the obvious, but I'm not sure what else someone could say.) Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 0:07
  • As far as I can tell, its similar to this: link Seems Kitchaid calls what I am looking for a "Torch" burner.
    – zolonman
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 0:53
  • So, what exactly are you asking, then?
    – FuzzyChef
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 6:14
  • When I was looking for stoves I found that many lacked burners small enough for small pans, or at least for more than one at a time. The flames should be completely under the pan. There are pot skirts which might help a little.
    – Chris H
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 8:03
  • Not really an answer so a comment. High end high conductivity pots will help. Gas is pretty cheap.
    – paparazzo
    Commented Mar 14, 2018 at 8:15

1 Answer 1


So this may not be exactly what you were looking for, but I purchased one of these cast iron heat diffusers to help "tame" the heat from the cheap-o gas stovetop in my college apartment. You have to take the time to heat it up, but it helps distribute the heat evenly.

Cast Iron Heat Diffuser on Amazon

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.