So I got a wild hair one day in Feb and filled a bunch of Mason jars half full with random things and started soaking them in whiskey, vodka and sweet whiskey.
- I put a few pickle Spears in some whiskey (80 proof) was that a bad decision and will this make someone sick?
- I cut some strawberries in half and put them in vodka, 100 proof and some in the 80 whiskey.
- I then put some blueberries in vodka
- Quartered plums in whiskey
- I threw some halved strawberries in Tennessee honey
Other than one jar of strawberry/vodka, I didn't add sugar to any of these. I've been keeping them relatively dark and at room temperature. My plan is to bust them open near the holidays. Is any of this setting off red flags for someone who has done this before or does this regularly? I just don't want to make anyone sick unless its from drinking too much. (Kidding) My biggest concern is the pickle whiskey.... Everything else seems pretty normal as far as what I've looked up. Thanks in advance for any insight.