I am looking to identify the below machine from a video I watched on youtube.

I suspect it is used somehow in the process of making ice cream.

I was looking in the pasteurizing category without any success.

Any idea?

Thank you!!

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • could you add a link to the video?
    – Cos Callis
    May 13, 2018 at 12:54

1 Answer 1


It looks like it's just a commercial version of the machine we normally call an ice cream maker.

Even some of the home machines have a similar armature structure to hold the motor over the mixing container:

enter image description here

Its function is to stir the mixture as it freezes to aerate it and prevent large ice crystals from forming.

  • Calling it an "ice cream churn" would also be understood in some regions I guess... May 14, 2018 at 8:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.