Would a ring around a gas burner that would enclose the space between the burner and the pan be safe? (Maybe it needs oxygen to burn, carbon monoxide, I don't know.) The purpose of this would be to prevent heat from escaping out the sides. Similar to a wok stand ring

  • Please see this answer: cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/8137/… If that doesn't cover your question, please detail exactly which additional information you are seeking. – FuzzyChef Jul 20 '18 at 21:23
  • I've seen these called pot skirts before (possibly in a camping context) – Chris H Jul 21 '18 at 18:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.