What does one get when one combines cocktail sauce and tartar sauce in equal parts?

  • 1
    Russell, welcome to Seasoned Advice! The part whether the combination of the two sauces has e.g. a special name is something that the community can answer (although I suspect not). Whether this would make a good seafood dip is opinion-based, which we don’t do here. I suggest you take the tour and browse our help center to learn more about how the site works. For now, I’m removing the opinion-based part.
    – Stephie
    Jul 28, 2018 at 20:25
  • 2
    It's called Tartail sauce, or Cocktar sauce, whichever you like best ;) . The second one sounds like something out of the Klingon dictionary.
    – GdD
    Jul 30, 2018 at 8:44

1 Answer 1


Barring the thickening with finely sieved hard-boiled egg/egg-yolk, this combination is heading in the direction of Thousand Island dressing. Given that recipe is so variable, you could just about get away with calling it that.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.