I made a recipe that was more hands-on and the recipe had a decent amount of oil, so I was wondering what is the most efficient way to get the oil off? I tried wiping my hands before washing them, but there is still a feel of the oil.
Wipe your hands with a cloth. If there are still traces of oil, wash your hands but use dish soap. Otherwise, get gloves while doing hands-on baking next time.
- Open your tap just slightly on lukewarm
- Rub a decent amount of liquid dish soap on your hands without wetting them first
- Slowly wet your hands while continuing to rub them
- Make a praying hand with fingers crossed while continuing to rub
- Put left hand on top of right hand with all fingers spread and rub in-between fingers
- Reverse hand and repeat
- Rub right thumb in-between left index and thumb
- Same with left thumb and right index and thumb
- Rub wrists too
- Continue rubbing while rinsing
- Dry hands on 100% natural cloth towel (cotton, hemp, silk, ...)
This is also known as the surgical scrub