While adding ingredients to mixture(for cookies), I forgot to put brown sugar.. Now that when i've baked cookies, what alternate can I add to retain their taste?
You will never be able to get sweetness into them in the same way as if you had added sugar to begin with, but you do have other options.
- As Fabby said, you can add sweet things to them now which will result in a sweet topping (or sandwitch!).
- Depending on the type of cookie (it would work better with soft cookies) you could try crumbling them up and mixing with icing to make a "cake pop" (cake pops are made by crumbling cake and mixing with icing).
Other non-cookie options:
- You could crumble them and mix with some butter (to hold it together) and sugar/sweetener and use to line a pie/crumble/bars.
- You could embrace the savoury and eat them as savoury biscuits - warm or toast them and top with butter or cheese or something. (Garlic butter?)
There are tons of things you can add to them after the fact:
- Crème au beurre with lots of sugar
- Whipped cream with 2 packs of vanilla sugar instead of one
- Grated chocolate
With some of the above (like jam, chocolate and honey), you can put them into the oven again at a low temperature (50°C / 120°F) and get a unique cookie!