I have a 13" steel wok and an induction cooktop. The issue is the wok is not stable enough to cook traditional Chinese stir-fry dishes. What is a good wok stand/adapter for this situation?

  • Curious. Does the bottom of your wok have a flat area? How big? // I'm not sure how far above the surface of the cooktop you could get and still have the induction burners work... – MaxW Oct 9 at 17:58
  • There is not a flat area. – qazwsx Oct 9 at 18:02
  • Not sure you are going to find one. You might be better off just buying a flat bottom wok. – paparazzo Oct 9 at 20:22
  • 1
    You can't use a round-bottom wok on an induction cooktop. Induction requires contact between a large area of metal and the cooking surface. – FuzzyChef Oct 9 at 23:52
  • I don't believe you. Getting the wok and the food in the wok heated and heated sufficiently fast has not been a problem at all. It might be that even though the over all shape of the bottom is round without a flat area, the induction cooktop is large and efficient enough so the heat transfer is sufficient for cooking. My main problem to solve is to keep the wok stable and fixed. – qazwsx Oct 9 at 23:55

Your Answer


By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.