We used to have this exact fork-like spatula but it recently broke. We are looking to buy a replacement but we don't know what it's called so it is difficult to look up to even know where to buy it.

It's like a cross between a fork and a flat head spatula, slightly arched, and tapered at the tip. Non-stick pan safe.

screenshots of utensil

picture 2

  • 5
    Did the stock photo you just copied, above, have a caption giving a name?
    – FuzzyChef
    Oct 25, 2018 at 20:36
  • 3
    it just said "Food serving kitchen spatula fork" and that's no use really when we're trying to buy this particular tool Oct 26, 2018 at 7:30
  • Yah, I've never seen anything just like it. There's a number of pasta forks, serving forks, and fork-whisks that are similar, but not quite the same design.
    – FuzzyChef
    Oct 27, 2018 at 1:30

4 Answers 4


This is a modern day version of a Foley Fork. Authentic ones are very rare and collectible. My Aunt swore she could not make her (Best in the world) yeast rolls without her Foley Fork for the dough.


The closest things that I could find were called 'whisking forks' (which I like the idea of ... I use a fork to whisk as I hate cleaning balloon whisks)

Not all are good as a spatula, though. This one has balls on the end so it's more like a flat whisk:

  • I once saw an ad for whiskwiper.com. Never tried it myself, but if you hate the cleaning so much, maybe it is the thing for you?
    – rumtscho
    Nov 26, 2018 at 13:34

It looks like a spatula that could double as a spaghetti fork. I don't see the particular utility of this design, but I can imagine stir-frying and removing something like pad-thai with this utensil.

I think the image title in your comment, "food serving... spatula/fork" is pretty accurate.


This exact fork is available from IKEA under the name GNARP in a 5 piece set. I have it however it's already peeling after eight months of light use so I don't recommend it if you're looking for longevity.

  • 1
    It appears that the GNARP set on IKEA's site right now (US) has 3 pieces, and none of them is this fork/spatula.
    – Esther
    Nov 2, 2023 at 18:22
  • Same on IKEA UK site - a three piece set, one of which IKEA labels a 'turner', and is sort of like the pictured item but not actually the same
    – AakashM
    Nov 3, 2023 at 11:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.