dads, chefs, cooks, and other kitchen tool-familiar folks,

We used to have this exact fork like spatula but it recently broke. We are looking to buy a replacement but we don't know what it's called so it is difficult to look up to even know where to buy it.

It's like a cross between a fork and a flat head spatula, slightly arched, and tapered at the tip. Non-stick pan safe.

Thank you

picture 1

picture 2

  • 4
    Did the stock photo you just copied, above, have a caption giving a name?
    – FuzzyChef
    Oct 25 '18 at 20:36
  • 2
    it just said "Food serving kitchen spatula fork" and that's no use really when we're trying to buy this particular tool Oct 26 '18 at 7:30
  • Yah, I've never seen anything just like it. There's a number of pasta forks, serving forks, and fork-whisks that are similar, but not quite the same design.
    – FuzzyChef
    Oct 27 '18 at 1:30

This is a modern day version of a Foley Fork. Authentic ones are very rare and collectible. My Aunt swore she could not make her (Best in the world) yeast rolls without her Foley Fork for the dough.


The closest things that I could find were called 'whisking forks' (which I like the idea of ... I use a fork to whisk as I hate cleaning balloon whisks)

Not all are good as a spatula, though. This one has balls on the end so it's more like a flat whisk:

  • I once saw an ad for whiskwiper.com. Never tried it myself, but if you hate the cleaning so much, maybe it is the thing for you?
    – rumtscho
    Nov 26 '18 at 13:34

It looks like a spatula that could double as a spaghetti fork. I don't see the particular utility of this design, but I can imagine stir-frying and removing something like pad-thai with this utensil.

I think the image title in your comment, "food serving... spatula/fork" is pretty accurate.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.