Skip to main content

A dry heat cooking method using direct heat, most often from open flames or charcoal embers. For the UK/AU usage describing cooking with the upper element of an oven, use the broiling tag.

This tag is for questions related to equipment, technique, tools, or other aspects of cooking on a grill. Most often, this will relate to outdoor barbecue-type cooking on gas or charcoal grills, although the tag is also used for foods such as grilled cheese.

If you have a question about improving or adapting a particular recipe, please cross-tag with the relevant other topic(s), such as , , or .