I wanted to make a chocolatey drink, but creme de cacao is way too sweet. So I decided to try making chocolate vodka. I added about 3/4 cup of 63% chips (Guittard extra dark) into a small magic bullet blender cup. I then covered it in vodka, plus an extra ~1/2". I blended it a bit, opened it up, and decided it smelled too sweet, so I added 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder. I then blended it until almost all the chips were pulverized. I poured it into a jar and left it overnight.
That was last night. This morning, I shook up the jar, to help it infuse more. I thought it looked strange, so I opened it up. As far as I can tell, everything but the largest chunks of chocolate has dissolved. It looks and pours like chocolate syrup. What happened? I guess the fat and sugar dissolved into the water & ethanol, and the solids are suspended?