I have a pack of mixed vegetables (peas, broccoli pieces, green beans and diced leek) that I want to steam in a two pan vegetable steamer (the bottom of the top pan is perforated).
The pack contains vegetables that are:
- Mixed together (and cannot be easily separated).
- Fresh not frozen.
- The leeks are already sliced into rings.
- The broccoli pieces are quite small.
- I don't know what kind of peas they are.
- The beans are a small variety of green beans. I like my vegetables "Al Dente".
I have the following questions:
Do I bring the water to boiling before adding the vegetables to the top pan?
How long should I steam them for?