This question already has an answer here:
I love cheese and I am always buying and trying new types. Because of this, my cheese stash starts to grow faster than I can eat all of it. Sometimes mold starts to grow around the outside before I get to it, particularly the cheddar.
I practice good storage techniques to no avail, still the mold eventually shows up. So when this happens, I just trim the mold off and move on, but some of my friends think this is "so gross" and I should just throw it away.
What do you think?